This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
My view: (Please briefly describe your view on the three concepts below)
Professor Zrvandyan is an experienced human rights lawyer, public law and justice sector reform expert with over 18 years of experience in law, human rights, legal education and judicial reform. In his current role of Deputy Team Leader in the IRZ "Consolidation of the Justice System of Armenia" Project, he provides technical assistance to the Armenian justice sector authorities on the implementation of the 2019-2023 Strategy of Judicial Reform. In addition to human rights and administrative law litigation, Mr. Zrvandyan has previously provided legal advice in many justice support projects run by international organizations such as the Council of Europe, OSCE/ODIHR, Swedish Folke Bernadotte Academy, UNDP, and GiZ. These activities concerned reform of the bar, establishment of court monitoring mechanisms, vetting of judges and prosecutors, review and assessment of legislation etc. He has provided justice reform advice concerning such countries as Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Uzbekistan and Belarus. Between 2015 and 2019 he served as a Registry Lawyer at the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg, France, drafting judgements and decisions concerning Armenia. Finally, Mr. Zrvandyan is a professional legal trainer and academic educator. He has significant experience in designing and delivering practical legal courses to graduate and undergraduate law students, as well as to professional audiences, such as public servants. He serves as the Chair of the LL.M. Program of the AUA between 2013 and 2015.
- Secret Evidence in Administrative Proceedings Concerning Asylum-Seekers and Refugees (2022), UNHCR Armenia
- Comparative Review of the Procedural and Institutional Setup of Functioning of Lawyers in Armenia, Georgia, Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine (2020) (co-author), Council of Europe
- Casebook: ECtHR Case-law on the Right to a Fair Trial in Administrative Proceedings (December 2016), Council of Europe Publishing (at Council of Europe bookstore)
- Legal Study: The Reviewing Powers of the Administrative Court of Armenia in Refugee/Asylum Cases (December 2015), UNHCR (at http://www.refworld.org/docid/576a74634.html )
- Legal Study:The Rights to Liberty, Fair Trial & Private Life: Persons with Mental Disorders in Armenia(author, May 2014) Civil Society Institute, Armenia (at csi.am)
- Early Conditional Release of Prisoners: Legal and Practical Issues in Armenia(2011-2012), Civil Society Institute, Armenia (at csi.am)
- Handbook: Handbook of Monitoring Administrative Justice(2011-2012) (co-drafter), OSCE/ODIHR & Folke Bernadotte Academy, Sweden (at osce.org)
- Early Release of Prisoners on Compassionate Grounds: Legislative and Practical Challenges in Armenia(2011), Civil Society Institute, Armenia (at csi.am)
- Trial Monitoring Report: Final Report on Administrative Justice in Armenia (expert contribution) (2010), Protection of Rights Without Borders, Armenia (at prwb.am)
- Final Report of the Trial Monitoring Project in Armenia (expert contribution) (2008), OSCE/ODIHR, Armenia (at osce.org)
- The ‘Anatomy’ of Administrative Discretion (2007), Annual Review of Scholar Publications, Gavar State University, Armenia
- Freedom of Expression and Defamation: The New Criminal Code of Armenia, Observer quarterly (2003), Armenian Helsinki Committee, Armenia