This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
BUS 295 Research Methods
BUS299 Capstone Business Simulation
BUS218 Financial Inclusion and Sustainable Development
Office hours: TBD for Spring 2023
April 2015- June 2022 BA in Business Program Chair
July 2022 to present Vice-Provost for Integration
My view: (Please briefly describe your view on the three concepts below)
Knar Khachatryan holds a PhD in Management from SKEMA Business School, France, and a double degree of Doctorate in Economics from University of Nice, France. Her scholarly activity focuses on financial inclusion, poverty, gender and conflict studies. Her recent publications have appeared in International Migration, Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, Review of Development Economics, Journal of Eastern European Economics. She is an Associate Researcher at the Center for European Research in Microfinance (CERMi), Belgium.
1. Grigoryan, A., & Khachatryan, K. (2022). Remittances and emigration intentions: Evidence from Armenia. International Migration, 60(6), 198-234. doi:10.1111/imig.12980
2. Baghdasaryan,V., Grigoryan, A., Davtyan, H., Khachatryan, K. (2021), Relative advantages of Econometric and Machine learning approaches to Credit scoring: a model based on Armenian Microfinance Institution, Strategic Change 30 (3), 257-268. doi.org/10.1002/jsc.2408
3. Bruno, O., Khachatryan, K. (2020), Compulsory versus Voluntary Savings as Incentive Mechanism in Microlending Contracts, Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, 26, 100317. doi: 10.1016/j.jbef.2020.100317
4. Khachatryan, K., Baghdasaryan, V., Hartarska, V. (2019), Is the model “loans-plus-savings” better for microfinance in Eastern Europe and Central Asia? A PSM comparison, Review of Development Economics, 23(3), 1309-1330. https://doi.org/10.1111/rode.12589
5. Grigoryan, A., Khachatryan, K., Ter-Matevosyan, V. (2019), Armenia-Turkey border opening: What determines the attitude of Armenians, Caucasus Survey 7(1), 25-43. https://doi.org/10.1080/23761199.2018.1499298
6. Khachatryan, K., Avetisyan E. (2017), Microfinance Development in Armenia: Sectoral Characteristics and Problems, Strategic Change 26(6), 587–595. doi: 10.1002/jsc.2169
7. Khachatryan, K., Hartarska, V., Grigoryan, A. (2017), Performance and Capital Structure of Microfinance Institutions in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Journal of Eastern European Economics, 55(5), 395-419.
1. Grigoryan, A., Khachatryan, K., Ayvazyan, K., Mukhodpadhaya, P., (forthcoming 2021), “Financial inclusion and poverty: evidence from Armenia” in Handbook of Microfinance, Financial Inclusion and Economic Development by Hartarska, V., and R. Cull, Edward Elgar Publisher.
2. Grigoryan, A., Khachatryan, K., (2020), “Armenia-Turkey Economic Relations: New Stage?”, Eurasia Partnership Foundation, Armenia.
1. Grigoryan A., Khachatryan K., (2022), Gender gap in unpaid domestic care in Armenia: New evidence in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, FROGEE Policy Brief 4
2. Grigoryan A., Khachatryan K., (2021), Female representativeness and COVID-19 policy responses: Political representation and Social representativeness, FROGEE Policy Paper Series (Free Network, initiated by Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics).
3. Grigoryan, A., Khachatryan, K., (2020), Gender dimension of employment decisions during the COVID-19 lockdown: evidence from Armenia, CBRD Policy Brief
4. Grigoryan, A., Khachatryan, K., (2018), Remittances and emigration intentions: evidence from Armenia, CERGE-EI WP series 626, ISSN 1211-3298.