This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Business Strategy, Business Communications
Vice Chair of the Faculty Senate
My view: (Please briefly describe your view on the three concepts below)
Dr. Sergey Tantushyan is a Business Strategy and Effective Communication professor in the MBA, BAB and MSM programs at AUA. Until July 2019 he was the Director of Extension Programs at the American University of Armenia. Sergey was formerly a Deputy CEO at IDeA Foundation, a major philanthropic organization undertaking headline development projects in Armenia.
He has worked at the Central Bank of Armenia and served as a consultant at the OSCE office in Yerevan. Sergey’s private sector experience includes management positions in investment and consulting companies in Russia, from 2005 to 2007. Back in Armenia, Sergey headed the Strategy Development Division of AmeriaBank in Yerevan from 2007 to 2009, and thereafter pursued his MBA in Boston. Before returning to Armenia in 2012, he worked as an Economist at The Conference Board in New York.
In addition to his 2011 MBA from Brandeis International Business School in Boston, MA, Sergey also holds an MSc in Economics from Yerevan State University, an MCLS from AUA, and a Doctorate degree in Finance and Economics from the National Academy of Sciences of Armenia. As a 2006 Fulbright Fellow, he pursued studies in Strategic Development and Global Economy at Dickinson College, Pennsylvania. Sergey is also an alumnus of the Eurasia Executive Leadership Program (2008), University of Cambridge, UK. In 2009, he became a Sauvé Scholar and Academic trainee at McGill University, Canada.
Brandeis University International Business School, MBA, 2009-2011
National Academy of Sciences of Armenia, PhD in Economics, 2004-2007
Yerevan State University, Master of Science in Economics, 2002-2004
American University of Armenia, Master in Comparative Legal Studies, 2002-2004
Yerevan State University, Bachelor of Science in Economics, 1998-2002
MGMT 323-Business Strategy
BUS 177-Business Communication
1. AUA Business Case: HDIF- searching for balance between social purpose and entrepreneurship (2015), case taught as part of Strategy class at Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, as well as Competitive Strategy course at AUA, published at Harvard Business Review
2. AUA HR Case: Synergy International Systems, Inc. (2015), case taught at the AUA as part of Management class
3. Shifting Nature of the US Housing Market –contributor (March 2012)
4. Mortgage Market Development and Introduction of Securitization of Assets as a new Financial Tool in the Republic
of Armenia, Doctorate Dissertation, published by Higher Attestation Commission of Armenia (April 2007)
5. Benchmarking of Armenian IT Policies from the Perspective of Increasing IT Cluster Competitiveness. USAID Competitive Armenian Private Sector research. Published on CAPS web site (August 2007)
6. Analysis of Regulation of Abuse of Dominant Position in Armenia. European Journal for Comparative Economics, Italy
7. Psychological, Gender and Economic Aspects of Loan Repayment. Scientific Periodical of National Academy of Science of Armenia (#11, 2005)
Research in Innovation in Education
Thunderbird Business Case: HDIF- Searching for Balance between Social Purpose and Entrepreneurship (2015), case taught as part of Strategy class at Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, as well as Competitive Strategy course at AUA, published at Harvard Business Review.